Thursday, September 23, 2010

Elvis Lives!


I’ve nothing eventful to report except that I’m thrilled at some of the profiles I’ve received in the non-fiction class; however, I’m dismayed at some of the choices students have made for their independent reading:  A Child Called “It “?  Didn’t you read that freshman year?  No one wants to read Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America??? Then again, our library doesn’t offer all that much non-fiction and a few students have realized that waiting for inter-library loan to come through is a convenient excuse to avoid deadlines.  On a positive note, one of my non-readers has found a book on Elvis and he is reading!!!  I don’t care if he hasn’t bothered to turn in his profile. He's reading! Thank you, Elvis! (Image borrowed from Google Images.)

No comments:

Post a Comment